BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 7, 2006

Happy Surprises

This evening I was pottering in the garden when I decided to yank up a plant in my raised bed. I didn't know what it was, but have been babying it for awhile, and tonight I decided I was tired of the way it was flopping over on the chives, so out it came. See, I have been putting up with this plant, because when I started the raised bed this spring I planted a bunch of seeds I had received in a seed exchange. Then, coz I am a lazy girl, I tossed all the seed packets and couldn't remember what I had planted where. I was convinced this was some kind of perennial that wasn't going to bloom until next year. Imagine my suprise when I found these attached! The only thing I can figure out is that they grew from some potato scraps I threw in the bed over the winter.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Two baby potatoes, one for me and one for The Boy!

I'm thinking baked, with butter and sea salt?

1 folks speakin' their mind:

KathyA said...

I LOVE voluntary plants -- and this was a treat because you got to eat yours. :) When I had a larger garden, I planted potatoes. We had a lot of fun digging them up in August and September. I bet there are more there -- have you looked?